PowerEdge R230 Rack Server – Powerful, efficient, versatile.
Consolidate data and drive applications faster with the powerful, efficient and versatile PowerEdge R230 1-socket, 1U entry rack server.
Get organized and become more productive
- Consolidate data from multiple laptops or desktops onto a single server with up to 4 x internal 3.5″ cabled or hot-plug HDD.
- Ensure fast response times with the latest quad core Intel Xeon E3-1200 v6 product family, as well as flexible dual core processor options including Intel Pentium, Intel Core i3, or Intel Celeron.
- Adapt to changing workload conditions with a virtualization-ready server supporting Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Windows Server with Hyper-V, VMware vSphere ESXi, and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
Accelerate application performance
- Drive greater memory performance and expand capacity up to 64GB through time with 4 x DIMM slots and enhanced DDR4 memory, offering 50% faster clock speed than previous-generation DDR3 which is 12.5% faster than the initial 2133 MT/s implementation of DDR4.
- Boost data throughput with 2 x PCIe Gen 3.0 slotsdriving 2x data throughput compared to Generation 2.0.
- Drive 2x IOPS performance with the PowerEdge PERC9 RAID Controller compared to the previous-generation PowerEdge R220 equipped with PERC8.
Reliable, worry-free operation
- Deploy rapidly and turn the server over for productive work sooner with Dell OpenManage systems management solutions.
- Easily monitor system health and behavior with a simple, intuitive Dell OpenManage Essentials console.
- Save IT administrator time by automating firmware updates – up to 92% reduction in firmware update time using Repository Manager auto-updates compared to manual updates.